- September 1, 2022
- Posted by: Luqman 'Dayo Babatunde
- Category: Branding, Business, Management, Marketing, Reputation Management
Efficient customer/client service forms the basis of the customer experience. Most customers’ main interaction with a business is through interacting with a business’s employee, either by visiting an office as a client or a store as a customer.
Interaction could also be through virtual means like email, phone call, WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram and so on. The company representative has the opportunity to deliver excellent customer/client service, thus creating a great experience so as to remain in business. Customer service is the reason a client comes to us while customer satisfaction is the impactful experience we give them which makes them to return and become loyal.
Key Points to Note about Providing Customer/Client Service Satisfaction
Some customers/clients often make requests in inappropriate and impolite ways. If you can resolve their needs without blaming yourself or them, you will reduce stress and everyone will feel better. You will be on your way to customer satisfaction.
Customers are often difficult for their own reasons and not necessarily because of you. Key points to note in delivering an excellent customer/client service satisfaction are:
- It sustains you in business
- It sets you apart from competition
- It takes little or no extra time
- It costs little or nothing
- It is usually pleasing because it is not usually expected
Your attitude toward customers’ behavior influences your gross sales output. Though it is usually hard to suppress curt actions because you cannot always feint how you feel, your attitude determines the level of job satisfaction, because:
- It affects everyone who comes in contact with you. Hence, there is a need for you to always be calm, empathic and positive.
- Your tone and body language reflect your attitude. Remember attitude is caught and not taught.
- Your attitude is not fixed. The attitude you choose to display is up to you, hence the need to always be deliberate and intentional about acknowledging, apologizing, listening, explaining action, thanking and following-up.
- Your emotion is a reflection of your life mutation. Approach customers/clients professionally and not personally. Listen for the signals that you are taking things personally. Focus on the problem and not the person.
Strategy for Delivering a Great Customer/Client Experience
- Aim for customer satisfaction, not just service delivery.
- Create a clear customer experience vision.
- Quickly study and understand the emotional state of your customer/client.
- Create an emotional connection with your customers/clients.
- Capture customer feedback in real-time.
- Use a quality framework for development of your team.
- Act upon regular employee feedback.
Temidayo Babatunde is a public relations professional and can be reached through email@example.com